Admission Requirements for Unicaf University
- Regular admission to a Bachelor’s degree programme requires the High School Leaving Certificate with an aggregate score of at least 60%, or equivalent
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant area may be considered for credit transfer
- Applicants with at least 2 years of postgraduate relevant experience may be considered for entry
- Proficiency in the English Language is a pre-requisite
- A copy of the passport or ID
- An updated CV
Applicants that do not meet the minimum entry requirements may be considered for the Foundation Programme, which provides an alternative route of entry to the Unicaf University Bachelor Degree Programmes
In addition to a strong academic record, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills and other relevant background information are taken into account.
- Admission to a Master’s Degree Programme requires an accredited Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants with an accredited Master’s Degree will also be considered for entry
- HND holders with good relevant work experience, (post graduation), may also be considered for entry
- Proficiency in the English language is a pre-requisite (if the Bachelor degree was not taught in English)
The candidate must also provide:
- an updated CV
- an official letter of recommendation, (either Academic or Business)
- a personal statement (mimimum 500 words)
- a copy of their passport or ID
Unicaf University’s application procedure for prospective doctoral candidates:
- Doctoral applications are accepted all year round.
- Candidates may submit their application using the Unicaf University online application form and paying the application fee.
- Applicants for doctoral study should supply the following in support of their application:
- A research project outline or statement of intent
- Evidence of ability to be able to undertake independent research
- Degree transcripts
- At least two academic or professional references
- Writing samples or a portfolio of creative work.
Applicants should normally have, (or expect to be awarded), a Master Degree in a relevant subject area. However, candidates might also be considered for some programmes, even if they have no previous academic qualification, or their degree is in an unrelated field, if they have relevant experience and can prove their ability to work at postgraduate level. A wide range of international qualifications are accepted. Candidates are advised to contact Unicaf University’s Admissions Office to find out more about the range of international academic qualifications accepted .
English language requirements
If English isn’t the first language of the applicant, or they have not completed their studies in the English language, they will need to meet Unicaf University’s entry requirements which are:
IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.5 in the writing component and no individual component lower than 6.0)
English Placement Test with a minimum 6.5 equivalence (provided that the score in each individual component is no less than 6.0).